Saturday, November 04, 2006

Actually a LIttle Good News from the Fletchers

Dominyk’s new medication seems to be helping him quite a bit. That means that he is redirectable -- still not easy, but not the CONSTANT wild defiance.

Last night when I finished my home visits I came home to happy kids who had just gone to a movie with their dad. When I got home he built a fire and read to the kids and let them stay up a little later and we had a wonderful relaxing time. Mike was spending the night at a friends, Salinda and JImmy both gone, so I was thrilled to go to bed sure I wouldn’t be awakened. It was a great evening.

Salinda had MANY requests surrounding her trip to the orthodontist and I was able to make them all happen... which included two friends, and overnight stay, and not having to miss school.

OK, now that is the end of the good news.

Until 2 a.m. when Mike called because he couldn’t stay where he was after all. So I had to let him in at 2:00 a.m. Of course, he is still asleep at 10:50 a.m.


This morning I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning one bathroom -- no, it wasn’t THAT gross, I just wanted to prove I could do it perfectly.

And Salinda just got a call that she doesn’t know about saying she can’t spend the night at her friends after all, messing up our plans. And somehow, even though I did everything she said, it will be my fault that her perfect plan is screwed up.

And I made a conscious effort not to work nights or weekends for the past month, but now I am so far behind that I am going to have to work this weekend. My in box has 171 emails in it, I have to get things ready for the matching bash on Wednesday, and I have two videos to put together before I leave to go to Texas next Sunday. And that doesn’t even take into account the fact that I have to arrange everything for both Bart and I to be gone for 2 days (in different places).

Sound like a fun weekend for me?

No comments: