Tuesday, January 30, 2007

All that Begins Well

So far this morning things have been very peaceful. Bart couldn’t sleep any more, so he was up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:20. Tony was complacent and mellow all morning and he has left to catch the bus. The girls were up on their own and though not cheerful, not horribly crabby. Rand got himself up and is showered. Jimmy and Dominyk are in the shower. And I’m sure Ricardo is sitting on his bed, but he’ll be ready when it’s time to go.

It’s nice to have a day start well. I am the kind of person who wakes up relatively happy every single morning and remain happy until something comes along to throw me off. For several years, the “something” almost always happened before I even got out of bed, but now that the kids are older I can often make it well into my work day before my cheery disposition is challenged by a disturbing email or phone call.

It’s 7:06 and all is well.

No comments: