Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What Got Broken Yesterday


Maybe I should blog each day what gets broken here. Yesterday morning, Tony grabbed my computer’s external microphone and slammed it over and over again on the table because I told him he had to wait until Bart came home to have a package of YoGos. Yup, $30. Fortunately (or unfortunately) it was the microphone that I had had to replace because someone had stolen it. I hadn’t seen it in months, so I already had a new one.

Yesterday afternoon Dominyk came in to talk to me and sat on top of the paper shredder, which apparently he used to do quite often before he gained 30 pounds on Abilify. This time it didn’t go so well. It’s still usable, but it’s a nice shredder and to replace it would cost over $100.

After supper Jimmy decided, that since nobody was watching him and nobody would know who did it, he could kick a soccer ball in the house, breaking our 20 x 24“ family picture frame. That’s gonna be about $20, but HE’s paying for that one.

So, another day another $150.00 in damages. This really is how we live. Our kids, raised in chaotic environments, even though they have lived with us for years and been taught differently, are still careless, even when they aren’t angry.

Today’s another day. Maybe we’ll make it through without anything breaking. or not.

And Bart, if you're hearing about this for the first time here, Dominyk told me he was going to confess to you. If he didn't, bummer that you have to find out by reading the blog, I just haven't really had time to talk to you about stuff like this laterly when we're trying to decide on other issues like how to survive HOUSE ARREST.

1 comment:

"Ada" said...

Oy vey, what a day! Here's hoping that tomorrow will be better (and cheaper!) for you guys. :)