Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dreaming Again

Last night, for the first time in years, I had a dream where I was young and single (and beautiful) and reality never hit me until I woke up.

I was still a missionary in Mexico and there was a big team meeting in New York City with all of the missionaries and I met a guy named Lars for London. It was fun -- all the same twittery feelings of the first flirting and he even liked me. Lots of weird little quirks in the dream -- like him having one of those candy necklaces and it breaking and me scrambling all over the escalator to pick up the small pieces of candy.

Or me deciding to bring my long fir coat (no, I don’t have one) with us to walk around the city and it being too warm and the coat too heavy and I had no wear to put it. (the fact that it was 8 below here last night and I can’t find my coat from the move might be one reason I’m dreaming about having my coat).

But it was a fun dream -- one of those that makes you wake up smiling.

And this morning has gone well so far. We’ll be leaving in ten minutes and almost everyone who is riding with me is doing pretty well.

No comments: