Tuesday, January 30, 2007

As Predicted

Well, tonight was pretty much as I predicted. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why AOL quits unexpectedly on Bart's computer and never figured it out. I spent 2 hours enjoying the warmth of the fire while trying to keep Dominyk's obsessive compulsive hands out of it. I spent a half hour pretending to be twelve on the phone with my friend Sue and I spent some time trying to figure out why my Adsense CPM is suddenly so low. Now I'm trying to get everyone into bed, but I'm about ready to start giving up on that with some of these kids. They're getting old enough now that they probably don't need as much sleep as they used to and the battle is annoying. Only the kids in 6th grade and below have a bedtime anyway -- everyone else as long as they are appropriate can choose when they go to bed as long as I don't have trouble getting them up and they usually don't abuse it. They make good decisions and typically get enough sleep.

Bart is holding his novel and snoring at the same time, so I think it is about time for us to call it a night.

2 comments:

AdoptiveMomma said...

http://adsg.syix.com/new_forum/viewtopic.php?t=10857&sid=709277a55d9a316ddc37d56b5f486cbf

Link above is a post I made on the Attachment Disorder Support Group board re: FamilyLife.com's "Hope for Orphans" ministry. If you have time, please read and see if this is something you'd like to include in a post so other readers and adoptive parents can also encourage FL to expand their ministry from just getting kids adopted to providing support to the families AFTER adoption.

Kathleen

Claudia said...

Check out this post about adoption in the religions community over at Everything Adoption