Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Restless and Bored

It's cold outside. It's cold in side. We're building a fire.

I have nowhere that it sounds exciting to go. I have nothing that sounds exciting to do. I am restless and bored.

I enjoy many things but tonight I can't think of anything I want to do that sounds fun. I get like this once and a while. I have just spent an hour and 15 minutes listening to JImmy cry and scream and whine, having a major meltdown over something simple. He got in trouble for throwing a snowball at a teacher and instead of just having a conversation about it with me he had to take it to a rediculous realm. I avoided the power struggle for the most part, but things just got worse and worse until he was in a complete blubbering fit, including drooling on himself. I keep thinking he'll grow out of it, but it hasn't happened yet.

I had just finished that when Tony started begging for something I had already told him no about.

Most of the time I find my life so rich and full and compelling that I don't want to be anyone else. But tonight I'm just bored, bored, bored. I can't think of anything that sounds fun.

1 comment:

Amie said...

YOu could watch American Idol.....that seems to be our family entertianment lately. :)