Friday, January 12, 2007

Hating the Wait


Well, on day two of Mike’s probation (which was yesterday) he was in by curfew, but then snuck out of the house at night. Today he didn’t come home from school.

When his Probation Officer heard, she got an order from the judge to put him under house arrest (not anything we’re excited about).

Then she ran into him at Best Buy. Told him he had until 1:30 to be home or he would be put in Juvenile Detention. He was only 6 minutes late.

They are supposedly coming here to put on his bracelet sometime in the next couple hours. How exciting will that be?

I hate waiting for people like that to come to our home. I don’t know if he’ll stay around long enough to get it or not. And then, we have to live with him here knowing that he can bolt at any minute.

I don’t know what his point is -- maybe he just figured he won’t make it so he wants to get it over quickly. Or possibly, no probably, he just doesn’t think.

I can’t imagine what it is going to be like having him home all the time. We’re the ones who are being punished.

My extremities are cold (but that could be because it’s like 5 degrees outside). I’m not feeling very happy. I’d just like to have it all go away. But it isn’t going to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow... I am so sorry. Your family will be in my prayers!!

Kari said...

Claudia,
I wish there was something that I could do. It makes me feel really stupid for the rant that I just had on my blog when I read what you are going through. My kid is just swearing in preschool, not stealing cars.

I am looking forward to supper tomorrow but if it doesn't work out because of your new situation just let us know. ~Kari