Monday, January 08, 2007

Why I'm Nuts


So, I wrote Mike a note to give to him on his way to school. It said that I was going to report the PS2 and the 6 bikes as missing if they weren’t here by Monday.

He opened it before he left and screamed that he was never going to come back to this F****** house again. He said, “you’re going to turn me in for stealing 6 bikes?”

I said, “No, I’m going to report them missing and give them all the information I have.”

“What information is that?”

“Well, I’m going to tell them that Carlos told me that Josh had my bike.”

“Carlos is stupid. He was thinking of a different blue bike.”

After a few more minutes of him telling me how awful I am, they left for school. Ten minutes later I’m heading to the Elementary school with Dom, Sad, and Ric and I see a kid RIDING MY BIKE.

I roll down the window, “THAT”S MY BIKE!“

Since there are cars behind me I keep going to the next intersection and then I sit and wait.

They say, ”Are you Mike’s Mom?“

”Yes and that’s my bike.“

”He said we could borrow it.“

”What’s your name?“

”Josh.“ We’ll bring it back tonight.

”Good, Josh, because I’m getting ready to call the cops. And you might not want to listen to Mike.“

This is why I’m nuts. After MIke did his whole speech about how unfair I was being and falsely accusing him and everything, I started to second guess myself. What if I was falsely accusing him? What if he didn’t know where the bikes were? Should I really call law enforcement and report them missing, implicating him in the process?

And ten minutes later i see Josh RIDING MY BIKE.

Amazing.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ok, I know it's not funny...but it does sort of sound like a sitcom, doesn't it?

Angie said...

ok, so I want to know if there is anything you would have done different with raising Mike? Having major FASD in my house, I don't want to go through what you have went through! Is there any realistic preventions?? Or am I dreaming????