Thursday, January 18, 2007

But It Ain't Gonna Be Three in a Row

Two calm nights, but we didn't make it three in a row. Tonight has not been an inwardly calm night for me.

Tonight Bart and I had meetings. We took a risk and left five kids home. Mike, of course, had to be left home. He had a friend over (against our rules) and the whole house smelled very weird when we got home. He had showed me that he had some insense a couple days ago, and I had told him he couldn't burn it any more. Apparently tonight he decided he could. Or he was smoking pot.

We have heard rumors that he may have sold some pot last night. . . we're waiting to try to get more details before calling anyone.

I'm feeling quite a bit of stress, but know that this, as everything else has, will pass.

On a bright note, I had a great turnout for my meeting tonight -- a possibility of 6 or 7 good families to work with. I think some of them are pretty serious about adopting. That's always good news.

But signing people up to adopt on a day when I think my kid might be smoking pot in my basement and selling it to people seems a little weird. Come on, y'all -- join me in pergatory! That's my battlecry.

No comments: