Sunday, January 14, 2007

Electrical Outlet

Sometimes I feel like I am one of those unsafe overjammed electrical outlets -- with several power strips on them and the cords coming in from everywhere.

Each cord is a teen or preteen sucking energy out of me. Now grant it, they don't all always suck. Sometimes nothing is plugged in, and sometimes there is actually some recharging going on.

But sometimes it feels like everyone is sucking everything out of me all at the same time. Yesterday was one of those days. By last night I was just exhausted.

Today has been better, but I am looking forward to bed. We had supper out together (had to try twice because the first time we didn't even all make it into the van before there was a fight.... but the 2nd round was pretty fun.

Tonight we're cozy in our home while it is cold and snowy outside and there is no school tomorrow for 6 of the kids. The girls are spending the night at different friend's houses, and I'm going to sleep in.

It appears that I have survived yet another day of too many suckees sucking and I'm getting recharged. And I'm glad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great analogy - I'm probably gonna plagiarize that some time.