Friday, January 12, 2007

Such a Crazy Few Hours


Wow. It was a marathon for a while around here. First of all, I was trying to make an online purchase and my credit card wouldn’t go through. It took me a long time (almost 4 hours) to figure out that mess.

in the meantime, i was doing the ankle bracelet for Mike. He was insinuating I should pay the deposit on it (no way, buddy, I didn’t break the law). He’s take on it .. he’s our kid and we’d do it for the other kids. I don’t THINK so, son). He then told the guy putting it on that if he broke his leg snowboarding with it on he would sue the company. The guy said, “I don’t have to put it on at all. In fact, you can march right on out to my truck and I’ll take you straight to detention.”

We then had to hook it up so that Mike was connected via sattelite to some box that has to be here in my office. Very annoying situation.

AFter that I had to deal with Jimmy who had stolen the girls CD this week and allowed Tony to get mercilessly tortured for it. I also had to talk to him about how he continues to be disrespectful, noisy, inappropriate and rude at school. Then I moved to Sadie who was not handling a situation well regarding her plans for the evening.

It was non-stop not fun parenting for quite some time.

Mike was under house arrest for only one hour tonight before he went to work. Apparently, he can get exceptions for going to work, so he is planning to “work” a lot over the next few weeks. He will at least not be here. DUring the hour that he was here, 4 kids ended up down in his room and cigarettes were lit and walls were spray painted.

It’s going to be a long haul until he blows this, which may or may not take long.

BUt for now he’s supposedly at work. I know that I won’t sleep well knowing that if he leaves the house after 9:30 they are going to call here. AAGH..... At least he’s got himself going to work.

No comments: