Monday, January 01, 2007

How I Started the New Year


We had a blast last night with some friends of ours who came over for dinner and to spend the evening with us. We had also invited Kari and her family who after this post are probably regretting making another choice (sorry Linda). The friends who did come had to be dug out of our street because we got a huge storm and our street wasn’t plowed until this morning.

After they left, Salinda got very beligerant again and I, tried and stupid, got into a power struggle with her over something that sure could have waited until morning. So, I ended the New Year with a whopper of an argument. She apologized this morning and is finally done being grounded, but I reminded her that once again had the discussion about gratitude, respect, and dignity for extras.

I was able to sleep until 9 (didn’t go to sleep until 1:30 or so) but I’m still a little weary. Weary, I think, because there are just so many years of teenagers left and then, as Kyle has been showing us, it doesn’t stop even after they are gone. Parenting is one of those lifetime things that just doesn’t end.

So today I am hoping to get a few things done in my office and do some cleaning and take it easy. I would like to be prepared to get started working on Wednesday so that when it comes I’m ready.

No comments: