Monday, January 01, 2007

I Am the Devil

It's been a long day. Everyone is ready for structure and routine ... and it's still another full day away. Nobody is tired, of course, because everyone slept in this morning and so they don't want to go to bed.

I'm addicted to Grey's Anatomy (sorry, Kathleen, I couldn't even wait to have you send Season Two -- I had to rent it) and trying not to let it detract from my work and parenting, but tonight Bart is rewarding Jimmy and Rand for their shoveling job in the driveway, so I will be allowed to escape into another episode...

I'm trying to manage the extra kids who are here (Tony has a friend here, so does Salinda) and coordinate who is sleeping where.

I told Dominyk he had to go to bed and he said, "I hate you. You are the devil."

A few minutes later I was tucking him in and I said, "Hey, wait a minute, why am I kissing you? You called me the devil."

He just giggled.

No comments: