Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Turning Into a Whiner


I realized that I am turning into a whiner. I was at the post office today mailing some flyers for an upcoming adoption informational meeting. The one downside of having a home office is that I have no secretary. The kids helped me stuff envelopes and put on labels, but I had to go to the post office myself and put on 93 stamps. My van had the best spot out there and I was grumbling to myself.

I looked over at the girl next to me who was obviously from another country. She was writing out money orders. She had walked there.

I immediately was taken back to 1993 when I was living in Mexico. I had no transportation. I had to walk almost a mile to the post office. I had to go to banks to get pesos. I couldn’t write checks or swipe a card, or anything like that.

I realized that I am starting to get very whiny about everything. I told myself to shut up.

No comments: